Boarding School from Grades 6 to 12
Why choose Curro Heuwelkruin?
- Exceptional, experienced and fully-qualified staff
- A 100% matric pass rate since our first matric group in 2010
- A more than 90% bachelor’s degree matric pass rate over the last eight years
- Top performer in Limpopo and Northern Gauteng region in the National Eisteddfod for the last four years
- Niche subjects like Visual Arts, Dramatic Arts, Robotics, Agricultural Sciences and Agricultural Management
- Excellent sports results with learners receiving provincial and national colours annually
- A high-performance centre with fully-equipped gymnasium and qualified coaches
Why choose Curro Heuwelkruin boarding school?
- We offer a state-of-the-art facility where boarders have privacy and a place of their own
- Modular flats that accommodate two learners with en-suite bathrooms
- No long passages and shared ablutions
- Free access to the high-performance gymnasium
- Free Wi-Fi and DStv
- Workstation with Internet for school projects
- Excellent, balanced meals prepared in a fully-equipped, modern kitchen by our qualified chef, Mr John Maja, an experienced restaurant manager
Boarding parents or supervisors
Our boarding school is managed by Mr Eric Egen and our Boarding School Manager, Mrs Sandra Egen, who are our boarders’ parents away from home. Personal attention is given to each boarder and weekly monitoring of each learner’s marks and assessments is done and there is 24-hour supervision. We offer communal evening prayers led by Mrs Annelize Venter, Boarder Caretaker (girls) and qualified life coach.
Frequently asked questions
Is boarding available over weekends and holidays?
The boarding school opens on Sunday evenings with the first meal being Monday breakfast. Boarders leave for home after Friday lunch, except when they are to participate in sports/cultural activities during weekends when full boarding with meals is supplied. No boarding during school holidays.
For which grades is boarding available?
Boarding is available for all learners, boys and girls, from Grade 6 to Grade 12.
Where is the nearest medical facility?
The Netcare Private Hospital is less than five minutes’ drive from the boarding school. The boarding parents and supervisors are certified first aiders.
Is boarding safe and what security measures are in place?
The campus is secured by electric fences. The boarding has beams around the perimeter of the buildings, as well as security cameras which are monitored by the staff.
Are there separate facilities for boys and girls?
The layout of the boarding facilities is of such a nature that boys and girls are accommodated in separate flats on the two sides of the facility.
What happens to a homesick child?
Our experienced staff are highly trained to handle any personal problems and will tend to it immediately. Boarders are treated as individuals and the wellness of each learner takes priority.
How do I communicate with my child and the staff?
The boarding staff will supply a dedicated telephone number which you are welcome to use when necessary.