Our aftercare service is available for learners from Grade R to Grade 7 at an additional cost, as stipulated on our fees letter. Learners are accommodated in safe classrooms and playgrounds, and the fees include a freshly prepared meal for lunch, an afternoon snack, and limited homework support.
Aftercare is signed up for one term at a time and includes regular school holidays. Visiting family and friends are welcome to arrange for their children to be accommodated at our aftercare as day visitors.
Our transport service is available to learners travelling one way or return from Vereeniging, Meyerton, Vanderbijlpark and Sasol areas, at an additional cost as stipulated on our fees letter. Only one route – from Eye of Africa to our school in the morning – does not involve additional costs.
Please contact us for more information on how to make use of our transport services.
At Waterstone College, we created a safe, modern environment where children can grow accustomed to learning and working with modern equipment and facilities. Therefore, classrooms and laboratories for specialised subjects are equipped with the latest technology and 21st-century learning tools.
Our specialised teaching facilities include:
- Auditorium and amphitheatre
- Science laboratories
- Technology and computer centres
- High-performance centre with a fully equipped gymnasium
- Therapy rooms
- Fully equipped canteen
Academic support centre
Our academic support centre provides a personal remedial support for learners who require additional support in academic, behavioural or emotional aspects. Learners receive tailor-made programmes aimed at meeting their individual needs, and we emphasise early intervention to prevent difficulties later on.
Our academic support centre offers the following:
- On-site team of multi-disciplinary therapists and psychologists.
- Career guidance and subject choice assessments for Grade 9 learners.
- School-readiness assessments for learners in Group 5 and Grade R.
- Classes on improving study methods and test-taking skills.
- Early identification of academic, behavioural, or emotional challenges.
- Parental guidance and support.
Our wide variety of sports and cultural activities are hosted on international-standard courts and fields. During the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the national Mexican team used our soccer field to practice.
Our activity facilities include:
- School of Arts (several carefully-designed studios)
- Music lab
- Media and art centres
- Dance studio
- High-performance centre and fully equipped gymnasium
- Sports fields and indoor swimming pools
- Hockey AstroTurf and tennis/netball courts
Parent Advisory Committee
As a Curro Select School, we encourage parents to play a role in managing our school through a duly elected parent advisory committee (PAC). As the name indicates, the PAC’s role is strictly an advisory one – they do not make and enforce decisions regarding school matters. The committee comprises of parents of current learners and serves for a term of three years. Through the PAC, parents can share their input in a structured manner to the benefit of the learners and school; as a school community they can, therefore, be involved in the operational success of the school.
Our current PAC’s management team consists of the following members:
- Chairperson: Dominic de Saldanha
- Vice chairperson: Jacques Marais
- Treasurer: Tarquin Whittal
- Secretary: Jennie Hutchinson
To contact the PAC, please send an email to email@example.com