Curro Holdings Ltd: Private College - Rivonia
Curro Holdings Ltd: Private College - Rivonia offers the National Certificate Vocational (NCV) in:
- Information Technology and Computer Sciences
- Finance, Economics and Accounting
Learners who have completed Grade 9 can enter the NCV at Level 2. The NCV levels 2, 3 and 4 run parallel to grades 10, 11 and 12 at a school.
An NCV Level 4 qualification is on the same level as the National Senior Certificate (NSC) (matric).
The NCV is an alternative learning pathway to the National Senior Certificate, allowing learners to:
- Specialise in a field of study from a school going age.
- Develop knowledge and skills that will make them highly employable even if they do not continue onto tertiary education.
- Receive practical and workplace experience at the college.
Learners who have completed the NCV level 4 are able to study further at a university or other tertiary institution within their field, if their results are good enough.
Learners doing the NCV writes a national exam at the end of each year and will receive a certificate from the accreditation body, Umalusi, for each year of study.
The 2019 enrolment at Rivonia will only be for the NCV level 2 programmes in Finance, Economics and Accounting and Information Technology and Computer Sciences. Levels 3 and 4 in the same offerings of NCV programmes will be offered in 2020 and 2021 respectively.
Please access the Academics section for the college for subject information.
The college is located within the Sandton CBD, allowing easy access for working parents, and allowing learners to get valuable workplace experience with surrounding industry partners.
- Co-educational (girls and boys)
- English-medium tuition
- Full day (08:00 - 17:00) academic programme
- 1 hour lunch with a meal provided
- Controlled class sizes
- State of the art computer laboratories
- Simulated practical environments
- First-grade facilities that can accommodate learners with disabilities
- Excellent teaching and learning resources and methodologies
- Progressive education through a modern, technology-rich environment
- No homework
- Pastoral care and learning support on site
You are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Curro Holdings Ltd has been provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education until 31 December 2022.
Registration number: 2018/FE07/054.