Curro Academy Protea Glen Combined - Executive Head
Curro Holdings Ltd, an established role player in the independent educational sector, requires the services of an experienced and distinguished Educational Manager as Executive Head at their new campus in Protea Glen.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the academic enrichment as well as overall management (including financial, curriculum & facilities management) of the school, learners and its educators. The purpose is furthermore to strategically manage and develop the Protea Glen Campus. The role will include the development, review and implementation of new business strategies whilst maintaining a clear focus on the needs of the school and the Group as a whole.
Preparation of business plans, including financial reports and forecasts, ensuring revenue and profit targets are achieved and that learner attendance levels reach the maximum in line with strategic targets. The successful person will also be responsible for driving the business forward, providing vision, inspiration and high professional standards; to develop and implement a strategic management plan and also to recruit, develop and manage designated employees at the school.
The selected candidate will have the presence, skills, knowledge and experience to deliver the School’s commercial operations to the highest standards.
The key skills, abilities and experience we seek in the successful candidate will be an appropriate balance of the following:
- Proven high quality experience of business development and associated financial management
- An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- An awareness of branding, image and style
- Ability to inform and influence with strong and persuasive communication skills
- Meticulous administration, planning and the ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Tact, sensitivity and the ability to handle confidential material with discretion
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- High degree of personal motivation, initiative, energy, creativity and drive
- An interest and empathy with the ethos and aims of independent education
- Willingness to take an interest and become involved in all aspects of the life of the School
- Honours Degree in Education (recommended) or related field
- 8- 10 years’ experience in a management position at an educational institution
- Ability to lead and nurture young staff members.
- Excellent management & leadership skills is a requirement
- Experienced diversity manager
- Sound and proven business acumen
- A passion for education and children
- Accepting and subscribing to the Christian values and ethos of the school
- Profound knowledge of the curriculum and related matters for all phases
- Knowledge and experience in IEB system would be an advantage
- Current SACE registration
- Strategic thinking abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear criminal record
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to http://curro.myrecruit.co.za/
- Register your CV onto the database
- Search for the position by Reference number and apply through the database
CLOSING DATE: 31 May 2018
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
- You will only be required to submit supporting documents should you be invited for an interview.
- You do not need to contact us. Please regard your application for this post as unsuccessful if you have not received notification for an interview by 31 June 2018.
- Curro Holdings Ltd reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Curro is an equal opportunity employer
Preference will be given to EE candidates.
This exciting opportunity exists to join Curro at the new Curro Academy Protea Glen Campus as Executive Head (This school is based in Soweto)(hr/18/03/56)